Sunday, March 15, 2009

Configuring Portable AllegroServe

I'm working with PCL (Practical Common Lisp). Chapter 26 is about web programming with AllegroServe. I have been using gnu clisp + emacs to follow the examples given in the book.

Here are the steps I had to take to configure portable allegroserve to run code example in this chapter.
I'm using Fedora 9 but this should be ok for any redhat distro.

  1. Downloaded portable allegroserve from cvs using the instructions given here.

  2. gnu clisp doesn't play well as it doesn't support multithreading, so I had to install sbcl . Its available in Fedora yum repository, so I just needed to say "yum -y install sbcl"

  3. Since I'm using emacs, so I had to do
    "ln -s /usr/bin/sbcl /usr/bin/lisp" so that emacs starts sbcl when we call "M-x run-lisp"

  4. At last just call (load "/path/to/portableaserve/INSTALL.lisp") in sbcl REPL.

This worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment