Sunday, September 5, 2010

Plan - Introduction to Probability

I'm working through, Introduction to Probability. Yesterday, at devcamp, I met Ravi and as always he was curious about my progress with the book. So, here it comes, the plan to finish this book :).

1. Ch-1, Sample Space and Probability -- Done
2. Ex* + Ch-2, Discrete Random Variables -- Done
3. Ex + Ch-3, General Random Variables -- Done [on Sep 05' 10]
4. Ex + Ch-4, Further Topics on Random Variables -- Done [on Sep 16' 10]

Problem-Set#1 - Done [on Sep 26' 10]
Problem-Set#2 - Done [on Sep 27' 10]
Problem-Set#3 - Done [on Sep 28' 10]
Problem-Set#4 - Done [on Sep 29' 10]
Problem-Set#5 - Done [on Oct 04' 10]
Problem-Set#6 - Done [on Oct 04' 10]

5. Ex + Ch-5, The Bernoulli and Poisson Processes - Done [on Oct 09' 10]
6. Ex + Ch-6, Markov Chains - Done [on Oct 16' 10]
7. Ex + Ch-7, Limit Theorems - Done [on Oct 23' 10]

Problem-Set#7 - Done [on Nov 2' 10]
Problem-Set#8 - Done [on Nov 2' 10]
Problem-Set#9 - Done [on Nov 2' 10]
Problem-Set#10 - Done [on Nov 23' 10]
Problem-Set#11 - Done [on Nov 23' 10]
Problem-Set#12 - Done [on Nov 23' 10]

Ex* - working through few end of chapter exercises of the previous chapter done.
Problem-Set* - This book is used as text book in probability course in MIT. I intend to work through all the problem-sets that were given as assignments in this course.

I have intentionally not put any dates above as they never work out for me(my schedule is not completely in my control). That said, I believe each chapter should take a week or so. I will keep on updating this post with dates whenever I get done with a chapter or a problem set.

While working through it, I'm trying to follow advices given here. I really wish to follow the advice of , make the idea your own, and looking for people working through this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment